Ezras Cholim of Phoenix a project of Ezras Cholim of Arizona was started in 2015 by a group of dedicated volunteers to serve the needs of people facing illness in the Greater Phoenix Jewish community.
What We Do
What kinds of things do Ezras Cholim of Phoenix visitors do? Ezras Cholim visitors are involved in manifold ways of helping — either as an individual, in an “army of one,” or as part of a coordinated team effort. There are so many ways one can help, caring gestures include:
- Visit a patient in the hospital/nursing home, or visit the home bound.
- Call a home bound senior before Shabbos.
- Bring food to a family with a new baby.
- Drive someone to a doctor’s appointment.
- Help a child, whose parent is hospitalized, with homework.
- Say psalms together or on behalf of the ill.
- Take someone’s car to be filled with gas.
- Bring gift certificates from places which deliver food, so a family can make its own food choices and not feel dependent on what others cook for them.
- Call when you are at the store, and say “I am here. What can I pick up for you?”
- Share your hobbies, such as baking, singing or writing.
Staff & Volunteers
Secretary & Community Organizer
Volunteer Food Pantry & Fundraiser